Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone's year has started off on the right foot!
We have had a few days of unseasonably warm weather so the kids and I have gotten in a bike ride and a long walk over the past two days...but listening to the wind outside now I would guess the cold is rolling back in..... 

Do you make new year's resolutions?  I'm not good at keeping them, so I should not go there...I think it would be better to start fresh everyday and that is my resolution for 2011.

There are two hot spots that I would like to concentrate on this year...

I need to make time to work out more.  Athletics have always been a part of my life and one area that has seriously been lacking since having children. And luckily for me, I have the next 364 days of this year to make that happen each and every day! right?

Additionally, I hope to use my stash this year.  Keep track and be more responsible in my fabric shopping habits.  Hubby and I have talked budget and I think challenging myself to stay on track with my 'crafting budget' is a better idea than trying to abstain entirely from fabric shopping...Ill keep you posted on my progress.

And I will end tonight with a picture of the bee blocks I received from my fellow bee participants in 2010. I hope to work these into something over the next few days.  I think I'm jumping in with both feet.  A la Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston going to try and work from the "Parts Dept" to make this quilt.
I'm not entirely sure what my approach will be.  I may start adding in more Kona Snow around blocks...keeping the focus on solid fabrics...I didn't specify size of blocks to the bee groups so it will take some fiddling to make this come together, and I think I'm up for the challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your resolutions! I'm also trying to sew one project a week. If you're interested, I'm hosting a Crafty Resolutions Link Up at http://ow.ly/3vJrc and it's easy to add your blog link

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a cool quilt! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, there are some very cool blocks in there!

    My goals for 2011 are pretty much the same. Get back into taking care of myself and try to use the things I have instead of buying more.

    ReplyDelete