Sunday, January 23, 2011

Postage Stamp Quilt a long

I joined the quilt a long with Rachel at P.S. I Quilt and I am really glad I did.  I've had 2 Urban Chiks 1974 jelly rolls for a while and been wanting to use them...I've used a few strips out of one of them, so I ended up opening both...and I plan to make the quilt bigger than the quiltalong directions...
I was so lucky to find the solid teal that came with the line at my LQS!!  I think this is the first time I have made a quilt 'just because'.  It is not destined for anyone's bed or new baby...I kinda like quilting for the sake of quilting!

Also, I bought a new ruler called Shape Cut for this project and it made cutting the strips much easier!  I feel like I have quite a few more postage stamp style quilts left in me!!

4 comments:

  1. I love that ruler to cut strips, it is great. I have had it for 15 years or so, and I just started to really really put it to good use.

    ReplyDelete