Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone is feeling loved today. I  enjoy celebrating the day with my kids and making them feel extra special.  I made them both a doll this year and am so pleased that they actually like them!! 
I used the pattern " I Heart You " from Hillary Lang's wonderful book "Wee Wonderfuls".
The girl doll is green and purple because those are Colette's favorite colors of course...and I used Katie Jump Rope for Hugo's doll because Ive been longing to use some of my KJR stash!  His shorts are from a vintage fabric in my stash. 

These are my first attempt at doll making, and I think I am up for the challenge.  I enjoyed the whole process!

For Valentine's Day I received these:

Well, maybe we just got them this weekend by coincidence...and honestly, my husband has been more excited about them than I have...to me, they just represent 'doing laundry'...he thinks they are a cool new appliance.  Maybe if he did the laundry, he would see things my way??  Either way, I am pleased a queen size quilt now fits nicely into my washing machine!

Happy Valentines Day everyone.
xoxo hugs and kisses

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful dolls (and washing machine)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute!!! Happy new washer and dryer too. I'm still waiting for mine to be stacked and I so want to show off my laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dolls are adorable! Also, I have fallen in love with my front loaders...my clothes have never been so clean and I feel comfortable washing my handmade quilts in them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being a finalist in the Love Nest Contest (as I predicted.) :) :) :) I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dolls! And I think you'll soon love your Valentine's washer/dryer as they'll make the laundry less a chore to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those dolls are just adorable Jenny -- I'll bet the kids are crazy about them. I don't know -- I might be on hubby's side over those pretty new appliances LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart your dolls! I also heart your new washer & dryer. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny, you won a prize from Sew Mama Sew!!!! You are a lucky girl these days. I might have to rub you for good luck!

    ReplyDelete