Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summertime

Oh wow, it has been a long hot week!
The kids went to Vacation Bible School this week from 6-845pm...so they have stayed up much later than usual...missing naps...and having to find indoor activities because of dangerous heat index!  weird long week!!

I have been making a quilt for my best friends mother who is recovering from major surgery...and once again, I'm slowed down by the quilting process.  I need something more than straight line quilting up my sleeve!   I talked to a lady in my guild who teaches machine quilting at a local quilt shop and I plan to sign up at the earliest possible chance!!
I used a layer cake of Rural Jardin by French General...nice and easy.

And...I made a fabric purchase...I won a gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop a few months ago from the wonderful Leona (Thanks again Leona!!) and surprised myself by not ordering anything until now:

I love every single print I got.  LOVE.  I plan on getting lots more Children At Play but I will have to wait for a sale or discounted prices!

And lastly, it's my sisters birthday today...happy birthday Weise!  And in addition to a few things I bought her, I made her a pony tail holder...bright and cheery (and fuzzy in the picture I realize now) and fun for summer.

Have a great weekend, and I promise I won't be so absent from the blog!

8 comments:

  1. Love your FQS purchases. I ordered some Children at Play the other day and can't wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric selection is WONDERFUL Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend, check this out:
    http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/search/label/Beginner

    although they are still quite intricate to me, I just enlarge the idea and it's nice to see how she does it. I do not have the patience for straight line quilting. I prefer little loopy loos.

    let me know when you see children at play on discount! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hair pony!! I really like the Childen at Play too....it's so hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are hiding in our house today as well, it's over 100 degrees here, yikes! Better to be safe with little ones where the heat is concerned =)

    Okay your fabric 'purchase' is making me want some prints for 'backing' lol. Like the hopscotch and map one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric selections! Beautiful!
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you sat on a gift certificate for that long :) The fabrics you got are so fun and worth the wait. The French General quilt looks lovely, your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summertime embodies pure bliss. Game Modes PVP It brings warmth, vibrant colors, and endless adventures from lazy beach days.

    ReplyDelete